Jul 23, 2018  
2006-2007 
    
2006-2007 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Endowed Book Funds


 

There are now 226 endowed book funds.  The income from these funds, established by family and friends of the honorees, is used to purchase books for the library each year.  All funds are open-ended.  The market value of all endowed book funds in the library is now more than $6.5 million.

The Eric Hardy Abberger Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Abberger by his brothers, Benjamin Lester Abberger III, Class of 1975, and William West Abberger, Class of 1984, and his parents, Dr. and Mrs. Benjamin L. Abberger, Jr. 

The Nancy Hardy Abberger Fund—Established in honor of Mrs. Abberger of Orlando, Florida, by her sons, Benjamin Lester Abberger III, Class of 1975, John Albert Abberger, and William West Abberger, Class of 1984. 

The Susan Dudley Abbott Fund—Established in honor of the Coordinator of Special Events of the Davidson College Development Office, 1986-1995, by Dr. Leland M. Park, Class of 1963 and Davidson College Library Director.  She is the wife of Dr. Anthony S. Abbott, Professor Emeritus of English. 

The George Lawrence and Helen McLandress Abernethy Fund—Established by bequest of Dr. Abernethy, Charles A. Dana Professor of Philosophy, 1946-1976.

The Henry B. Abrahams Fund—Established by bequest of Mr. Abrahams of New York City. 

The Atwell and Pauline Hill Alexander Fund—Established by Mr. and Mrs. Alexander of Stony Point, North Carolina. Mr. Alexander was a 1929 graduate. 

The Jean Elizabeth Alexander Fund—Established by members of the Hawley Memorial Presbyterian Church, Polkton, North Carolina. 

The Alumni Association Memorial Fund—Established in memory of deceased alumni by the Davidson College Alumni Association. 

The Alumni Association/Wildcat Club Fund—Established by a gift from these two Davidson organizations. 

The Alumni Travel Fund—Established by participants in travel programs sponsored by the Alumni Association. 

The Gwen Greenfield Appleyard Fund—Established in memory of the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Business and Finance, 1990-1997, by friends.  She was the wife of Dr. Dennis R. Appleyard, James B. Duke Professor of International Studies and Professor of Economics. 

The Nancy Rodden Arnette Fund—Established in memory of the Administrative Secretary to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, 1974-1985, by family and friends. 

The Jane Jackson Avinger Fund—Established in honor of this member of the Town of Davidson Board of Commissioners, 1985-1995, who served as Mayor Pro-Tem, 1991-1993, by Dr. Leland M. Park, Class of 1963 and Davidson College Library Director.  She is the wife of former Davidson professor, Dr. Robert L. Avinger, Jr., Class of 1960, and the mother of Robert L. Avinger III, Class of 1990. 

The Joseph Abrams Bailey Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Bailey, Class of 1883, a native of Clinton, South Carolina, by his daughter Mrs. Helen Bailey Obering of Oklahoma City. 

The Ben D. Barker Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Barker, Class of 1954 and former trustee, by Seddon “Rusty” Goode, Jr., Class of 1954, and his wife Jane Nisbet Goode. 

The Carrie Harper Barnhardt Fund—Established in memory of his mother by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt, Sr. of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The Deborah Kinley Barnhardt Fund—Established in honor of their daughter-in-law, Mrs. Sadler H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt, Sr. 

The Dorothy McDougle Barnhardt Fund—Established in honor of their daughter-in-law, Mrs. James H. Barnhardt, Jr., of Charlotte, North Carolina by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt, Sr.

The James H. Barnhardt, Sr. Fund—Established in honor of Trustee Barnhardt by Dr. Warner L. Hall, Chair Emeritus of the Board of Trustees. 

The Mr. and Mrs. Thomas M. Barnhardt Fund—Established by their children. 

The James Knox Batten Fund—Established in memory Mr. Batten, Class of 1957, former trustee, and Chair of the Board of the Knight-Ridder Newspapers, by Mrs. Joan Ridder Challinor.  

The Lucille Hunter Beall Fund—Established in memory of his wife by McPherson Scott Beall, Class of 1925. 

The Mary Davis Beaty Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Beaty, Assistant Director and Reference Coordinator of the E. H. Little Library, 1973-1992, by family and friends. 

The John M. Belk Fund—Established in honor of  Mr. Belk, Class of 1943 and former trustee, of Charlotte, North Carolina, by Seddon “Rusty” Goode, Jr., Class of 1954, and his wife, Jane Nisbet Goode. 

The Robert B. Bennett, Jr. Endowed Fund—Established by Mr. Bennett, Class of 1977. 

The Thomas M. Bernhardt Fund—Established in memory of this 1974 graduate, Director of the Living Endowment, 1975-1978, by family and friends. 

The Anna Augusta Sutton Bledsoe Fund—Established in memory of his grandmother by Charles A. Dana Professor of History Malcolm Lester, 1959-1989. 

The Francis Marion Bledsoe, M.D. Fund—Established in memory of his grandfather by Charles A. Dana Professor of History Malcolm Lester, 1959-1989. 

The David B. Bostian, Sr. Fund—Established by David B. Bostian, Jr., Class of 1964 and Mrs. Clara K. Bostian. 

The Boylston Family Fund—Established by Benjamin C. and Eleanor A. Boylston of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. 

The Kristin Hills Bradberry Fund—Established in honor of this 1985 graduate, Vice President for College Relations, 2000-2005, by Dr. Leland M. Park, Class of 1963 and Davidson College Library Director. 

The Royal L. Branton Fund—Established in memory of his brother, a 1941 graduate, by W. Coleman Branton, Class of 1936. 

The William Coleman Branton Fund—Established in memory of this member of the Class of 1936 by his wife.

The Thomas McL. Breeden Fund—Established in memory Mr. Breeden, Class of 1937,  by his classmate,  Mr. Howard W. Covington of Greensboro, North Carolina. 

The Jerrold L. Brooks Fund—Established in memory of this 1957 graduate and former trustee by his friends. 

The Hattie Stephenson Buffaloe Fund—Established in memory of his aunt, by Mr. Robert J. Stephenson, Director of Administrative Services, and Mrs. Stephenson. 

The Patricia Cashion Burgess Fund—Established in honor of Mrs. Burgess, Communications Assistant and Office Manager for the Development Office/College Relations,1957-2004, by Dr. Leland M. Park, Class of 1963 and Davidson College Library Director.

The Alwin C. Burns, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of this 1942 graduate by Vance M. McBurney of San Diego, California. 

The Richard Clyde, Jr. and Annamarie Booz Burts Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Richard C. Burts, Dean of Students, 1961-1970; Registrar, 1970-1985; and Professor of Psychology, 1961-1985; and Dr. Annamarie B. Burts, Director of Audio Visual Services, 1965-1982, by President Emeritus Samuel R. Spencer, Jr., Class of 1940, and Mrs. Spencer. 

The Herman Spencer Caldwell, Sr. and Richard Earl Caldwell Fund—Established by family and friends of Herman S., Class of 1933, and Richard E, Class of 1937.  Herman S., Jr. is a 1967 graduate. 

The Herman Spencer Caldwell III Fund—Established in memory of his son by Herman Spencer Caldwell, Jr., Class of 1967. 

The Lillie Haltiwanger Caldwell Fund—Established in memory of his sister by R. S. Haltiwanger, Class of 1914. 

The Preston Banks Carwile Fund—Established in memory of her husband, a 1920 graduate, by a bequest of Mrs. Lois C. K. Carwile. 

The Hugh D. Cashion, Sr. Fund—Established in memory of this 1933 graduate by family and friends. 

The Carleton Burke Chapman, M.D. Fund—Established in honor of 1936 alumnus and Davidson Rhodes Scholar by John E. Craig, Jr., Class of 1966. 

The Chatham Calhoun Clark—Established in memory of Frank Robert Hyman, Class of 1897, and his wife Belle Marks Hyman, by a bequest of Mr. Clark, Class of 1929. 

The William M. Clark, M.D. Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Clark, Class of 1966 and former trustee, by Seddon “Rusty” Goode, Jr., Class of 1954, and his wife, Jane Nisbet Goode. 

The Class of 1972 Memorial Fund—Established by members of this class as a memorial to classmates who have died. 

The Sidney Cohen Fund—Established by family and friends of Dr. Cohen of New York City. 

The Monna D. Conn Fund—Established in honor of her grandmother by Dr. Cynthia L. Lewis, Charles A. Dana Professor of English. 

The James Robert Covington Fund—Established in memory Mr. Covington, Class of 1929, by his brother, William T. Covington, Jr., Class of 1927, through a charitable gift annuity.

The Ben T. Craig Fund—Established in memory of the Chairman of the Davidson Board of Trustees, Class of 1954, by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt. 

The Crawford Fund—Established by Dr. Gregory A. Crawford, Class of 1978. 

The John Crosland, Jr. Fund—Established in honor of Mr. Crosland, Class of 1951 and former trustee, by Seddon “Rusty” Goode, Jr., Class of 1954, and his wife, Jane Nisbet Goode. 

The William Patterson Cumming Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Cumming, Class of1921, Virginia Lasater Irvin Professor of English, 1927-1968, noted cartographer, and donor of the Cumming Map Collection which is located in the E. H. Little Library. 

The Gladys Potts Cunningham Fund—Established by bequest of Mrs. Cunningham, daughter of Dr.  John Rood Cunningham, Davidson President, 1941-1957.  Her son, John Rood Cunningham III, was a member of the Class of 1979. 

The W. Ray Cunningham Fund—Established in honor of Mr. Cunningham, Class of 1951, by Harriet C. Inscoe, Margaret C. Mackersie, William C. Cunningham, Class of 1957, and John R. Cunningham III, Class of 1979. 

The Henry Fitzhugh Dade Fund—Established by bequest of Mr. Dade, Class of 1938, of Greenville, North Carolina. 

The Tom Daggy Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Daggy, Professor of Biology, 1947-1981, by Dr. and Mrs. John H. Williamson. 

The Chalmers Gaston Davidson Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Davidson, Class of 1928, Director of the Library, 1936-1975, Professor of History, 1936-1976, College Archivist, 1975-1994, by his classmates.

The Loyce Sherrill Davis Fund—Established in honor of Mrs. Davis, Executive Secretary to the President and the Trustees of Davidson College, 1972-1986, and Presidential Papers Conservator in the College Library, 1987-2006, by President Emeritus and Mrs. Samuel R. Spencer, Jr. 

The Arthur Prim Dickens, Jr. Fund—Established by Mr. Dickens, Class of 1968, of High Point, North Carolina. 

The Charles A. Dixon Fund—Established in memory of her father, a 1918 graduate, by Mrs. James G. Paschal. 

The Charles Dwin Dockery Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Dockery, Professor of French, 1974-2002, by his wife, Dr. M. Amelia Dockery, and their children: Frédéric, Carmen, and Natacha. 

The Joseph Turpin Drake Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Drake, Professor of Sociology, 1957-1977, by friends. 

The Duke Endowment Fund—Established by longtime supporter of Davidson College, the Duke Endowment of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The Darrell and Abby Dupler Fund—Established by a bequest of Mr. and Mrs. Dupler, former residents of Davidson, North Carolina. 

The Fay Ross Dwelle Fund—Established in memory of his mother by the late Mr. and Mrs. Edward C. Dwelle, Jr. of Jacksonville, Florida.  Mr. Dwelle was a 1932 graduate; his son, Edward C. Dwelle III, graduated in 1967.  This was the Library’s first endowed book fund. 

The Nathaniel Cabot Earle, Jr. Fund—Established to honor their son, Class of 2001, by Mr. and Mrs. Nathaniel C. Earle. 

The Edgar Family Fund—Established to recognize three Davidson generations: C. Ernest Edgar, Jr., Class of 1928; Walter B. Edgar, Class of 1965; and Elizabeth R. Edgar, Class of 1996. 

The English Family Fund—Established by Dr. Raymond A. English, Class of 1969. 

The Ursula Chandler Fogelman Fund—Established in memory of the Library Business Manager, 1962-1982, by family and friends. 

The Carol Anne Folger, M.D. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Folger, Class of 1978, by her classmate, Mary Amos Krick. 

The Margaret Walker Freel Fund—Established in honor of his cousin by Guy Walker, Class of 1917. 

The Dirk French Fund—Established in honor of Dr. French, W. R. Grey Professor of Classics, 1967-2001, by Richard P. Wharton, Class of 1994. 

The Harry L. and Frances Ford Fry Fund—Established in memory of his parents by Dr. Henry F. Fry, Class of 1964. 

The Wilbur L. Fugate Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Fugate, Class of 1934, donor of the “Fugate Collection of 100 First Editions” to the E. H. Little Library, by the Beckett Charitable Foundation of Alexandria, Virginia. 

The John Bryant and Louise C. Gallent Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Gallent, Class of 1925, Department Chair and Professor of Chemistry, 1942-1972, and his wife, an educator in the town of Davidson, by friends.

The Connie Williamson Gamble Endowed Book Fund—Established in memory of Mrs. Gamble by her family. 

The Joe P. Gates Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Gates by his wife, Mrs. Harriett E. Gates of Pisgah Forest, North Carolina, and his daughter, Mrs. Sarah T. Schantz of White Stone, Virginia. 

The Harry Goodwin and Lois Boyd Gaw Fund—Established honoring the of parents of John G. Gaw, Class of 1937, and Warren Boyd Gaw, Class of 1939, by Mrs. Elizabeth W. Gaw. 

The Rachel Helen McKenzie Gaynor Fund—Established in honor of his mother by Edward F. Gaynor, Class of 1981. 

The Francis Ghigo Fund—Established by friends in memory of Dr. Ghigo, Class of 1929, Professor of French, 1959-1974. 

The Robert D. Gilmer Fund—Established in memory of his classmate by James M. Vann, Jr., Class of 1950. 

The A. V. Goldiere Fund—Established in memory of this Professor of French, 1922-1963, by his wife. 

The Seddon “Rusty” Goode, Jr. and Jane Nisbet Goode Fund—Established by Mr. and Mrs. Goode.  Mr. Goode is a former trustee and 1954 graduate. 

The Gorham Fund—Established by Edwin L., Jr., Class of1932, and his sons, Edwin L. III, Class of 1963 and Charles B., Class of 1968 of Texas.

The James Thomas Grey Fund—Established in memory of this 1965 graduate by his brothers in Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. 

The Arthur Gwynn Griffin Fund—Established in memory of this Professor of Economics, 1946-1967, by John Peter Rostan III, Class of 1966. 

The F. David Grissett Fund—Established by this 1972 graduate. 

The Lucile S. and James R. Gudger, M. D. Fund—Established by bequest of Mrs. Gudger.  Dr. Gudger, Class of 1925 was a native of Davidson. 

The William Joseph Haley III Fund—Established in memory of  Mr. Haley, Class of 1980, by classmates.  Mr. Haley was from New Providence, New Jersey. 

The Lucy Farrow Hall Fund—Established in honor of his wife by the Reverend Warner L. Hall, Sr.  Dr. Hall was chairman of the Trustees of Davidson College, 1970-1980. 

The Warner Leander Hall, Sr. Fund—Established in honor of the Board of Trustee Chair, 1970-1980, by  Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The Brevard Ervin Harris Fund—Established in memory of her grandfather, Class of 1886, by Mrs. Jane Harris Nierenberg. 

The Janie Murray Harris Fund—Established in memory of his mother by H. H. Harris, Class of 1932. 

The Madge Sadler Hayes Fund—Established in memory of her mother by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The James P. Hendrix, Sr. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Hendrix, Class of 1925, by Board Chair Ben T. Craig and his wife. 

The William Blannie Hight, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Hight, Professor of Education and department chairman,1962-1986, by Mrs. Hight, and his sons, Eric Hight and Chris Hight. 

The James Henry Hill and James Lolo Hill Fund—Established in memory of his father, Class of 1854, and his half-brother, Class of 1884, by a bequest from Henry Harrington Hill, Class of 1914 and LL.D.1948. 

The James William Howard Fund—Established in honor of Mr. Howard, Maintenance Department and Chemistry Department Assistant, 1949-1968, on the occasion of the retirement of his daughter, Rev. Brenda Howard Tapia, Assistant Chaplain and Love of Learning Director, 1986-2005, by her colleagues. 

The William Mayhew Hunter, Jr. Fund—Established by Mr. Hunter, Class of 1931. 

The Robert Bruce Jackson, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Jackson, Class of 1950, Vail Professor of Mathematics 1956-1995, by his wife, Jean Edwards Jackson. 

The General T. J. “Stonewall” Jackson Fund—Established in memory of this son-in-law of Davidson’s first president, the Reverend Robert Hall Morrison, by John H. Ariail, Class of 1964, of Lorton, Virginia. 

The William Howard Jetton Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Jetton, Class of 1930, by his wife.

The Clifford P. Johnson Fund—Established by Mr. Johnson, Class of 1977. 

The Edward P. and Sarah K. Johnson Fund—Established in honor of his parents by Clifford P. Johnson, Class of 1977. 

The Frontis Withers Johnston Fund—Established in honor of this 1930 graduate, Kenan Professor of History,1935-1977, Dean of Faculty, 1958-1970, 1975-1977, Acting President, 1968, and Interim President, 1983-1984, by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The Jones Family Fund—Established by Dr. Richard Hughes Jones, Class of 1986,  honoring three generations of the Jones family who have attended Davidson. 

The Keiser Family Fund—Established in honor of members of the Keiser Family by Albert Keiser, Jr., Class of 1966. 

The Kendrick K. Kelley III Fund—Established in memory of their son, Class of 1963, by Mr. and Mrs. Kendrick K. Kelley, Jr. of Jacksonville, Florida, and by the Campbell Soup Company Matching Fund Program. 

The Lois Anne (Sandy) Kemp Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Kemp, Professor of Spanish, 1972-2000, by her friends. 

The Laurance Davies and Mary Fuss Kirkland, Jr. Fund—Established in honor of his uncle and aunt by William Alexander Kirkland, Jr. Class of 1962, and his wife, Ann Carter Kirkland. 

The William Alexander and Helon Wilkerson Kirkland Fund—Established in memory of his parents by William Alexander Kirkland, Jr., Class of 1962, and his wife, Ann Carter Kirkland.  The honorees’ granddaughter, Elizabeth Kirkland Sickles, is a member of the Class of 1988. 

The Sandor Kiss Fund—Established in memory Dr. Kiss, father of Dr. Elizabeth E. Kiss, Class of 1983, Davidson’s first woman Rhodes Scholar. 

The Peter S. Knox, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Knox, Class of 1932, by Davidson President Emeritus Samuel R. Spencer, Jr., Class of 1940, and Mrs. Spencer. 

The James Bell Kuykendall, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Kuykendall, Class of 1927, who was president of the Davidson College Alumni Association, 1963-1964, and father of Davidson College President John W. Kuykendall, Class of 1959 and Dr. William H. F. Kuykendall, Class of 1956. 

The John Wells Kuykendall Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Kuykendall, Class of 1959, and Davidson College President, 1984-1997, by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The Zac Lacy Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Lacy, Class of 1997, and night manager of the College Union, by the Department of English. 

The Emmie Frances Bledsoe Lester Fund—Established in memory of his mother by Charles A. Dana Professor of History Malcolm Lester, 1959-1989. 

The Malcolm Lester Fund—Established by this Charles A. Dana Professor of History, 1959-1989, and longtime Chairman of the History Department and the Faculty Library Committee. 

The Malcolm Nicholson Lester Fund—Established in memory of his father by Charles A. Dana Professor of History Malcolm Lester, 1959-1989. 

The Pauline Domingos Lester Fund—Established in honor of his wife by Charles A. Dana Professor of History Malcolm Lester, 1959-1989. 

The Collier Cobb Lilly Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Lilly, Class of 1989, by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt, Sr. 

The Henry T. Lilly Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Lilly, Class of 1918, Professor of English ,1926-1965, and Chair of the Faculty Library Committee, 1935-1965, by his wife. 

The Caroline Jane Little Fund—Established in honor of Ms. Little, Class of 2002, by her parents, Professor and Mrs. Joseph W. Little of Gainesville, Florida. 

The Charles Edward Lloyd Fund—Established in memory of this Professor of English, 1956-1980, and Coach of the 1969 and 1979 Champion College Bowl Teams, by friends. 

The Fay Cox and Zachary F. Long, M.D. Fund—Established by their son, Zachary F. Long, Jr., Class of 1965. 

The Steven H. Lonsdale Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Lonsdale, Associate Professor of Classical Studies and Humanities, 1986-1994, by his faculty colleagues. 

The Gail Yarsley Lowery Fund—Established in memory of his wife by Richard C. Lowery, Class of 1963. 

The John S. Lyles Fund—Established by Dr. Lyles, Class of 1950.  His son and daughter-in-law, J. Steedman Lyles, Jr., and Dorothy Fulenwider Lyles, are 1979 graduates.  

The Harvey Edward McConnell, M.D. Fund—Established in honor of Dr. McConnell, Class of 1936, of Lancaster, South Carolina. 

The Marjorie M. McCutchan Fund—Established by Mrs. McCutchan, acting Head of the Reference Department in the Grey Library, 1972-1974.

The William Gillespie McGavock Fund—Established in memory of Dr. McGavock, Class of 1930, and Charles A. Dana Professor of Mathematics 1934-1975, by Mr. and Mrs. J. Rush Wilson of Greenville, South Carolina.

The Mary Wettling McGaw Fund—Established in memory of the mother of Davidson Trustee James D. Vail III by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt, Sr. 

The John Alexander McGeachy, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. McGeachy, Class of 1934, Mary Reynolds Babcock Professor of History, 1938-1977, by family and friends.  

The John Lacy McLean, Jr. Fund—Established in honor of  Dr. McLean, Class of 1943, and LL.D., 1977, by his cousin, President Emeritus Samuel R. Spencer, Jr., Class of 1940, and Mrs. Spencer.  

The Gordon E. McMain Fund—Established in memory of  Mr. McMain of Little Silver, New Jersey by Herman S. Caldwell, Jr., Class of 1967. 

The William K. Mahony Fund—Established by Dr. Mahony, Professor of Religion, with funds he received as recipient of the Hunter-Hamilton Love of Teaching Award. 

The Samuel Dow Maloney Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Maloney, Class of 1948,  James Sprunt Professor of Religion and Philosophy, 1954-1994, by John Peter Rostan III, Class of 1966. 

The Robert D. Margolis, M.D., D.M.D., M.S. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Margolis, Class of 1975, by family and friends. 

The J. Chalmers Marrow Fund—Established in memory of his 1928 classmate by Dr. Chalmers G. Davidson. 

The John Alexander, Jr. and Lucy Worth Mawhinney Fund—Established in honor of this 1939 graduate and former trustee and his wife by Dr. and Mrs. Thomas H. Mayor and “Miss Elizabeth Bennett.” 

The Mary Elizabeth Mayhew Fund—Established in memory of Miss Mayhew, a native of Mooresville, North Carolina and head of the Library Acquisitions Department, 1957-1976, by family and friends. 

The William Melvin Means Fund—Established in honor of Mr. Means, Class of 1940, of Concord, North Carolina, by Jane Harris Nierenberg. 

The F. DeWolfe and Wilhelminia Livingston Miller Fund—Established by bequest of this member of the Class of 1930 and his wife. 

The J. Joseph Miller Fund—Established in memory of his classmate by James M. Vann, Jr., Class of 1950. 

The William Andrew Moffett Fund—Established by a bequest of this 1954 graduate who received an LL.D. in 1992. 

The William Lauder Morgan Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Morgan, Class of 1920, by his family.  His nephew, James L. Morgan, Class of 1945, was a Davidson College trustee. 

The Harvey L. Morrison Fund—Established in memory of  Dr. Morrison, Class of 1933, Instructor in Physics, 1942-1944, by his wife. 

The Matthew Edward Morrow Fund—Established in memory of Matthew Edward Morrow and his son, Matthew Edward Morrow, Jr., M.D., Class of 1939, by family and friends. 

The William Frederick Mulliss Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Mulliss, Class of 1933, and LL.D., 1975, a member of the Board of Trustees, 1960-75; Secretary, 1963-75, by William M. Barnhardt. 

The Myers Park Presbyterian Church—Established by the congregation of this Charlotte, North Carolina church. 

The Rolfe Neill Fund—Established in honor of Mr. Neill, LL.D.,1998, who was Chairman and Publisher of the Charlotte Observer, 1975-1997, by Dr. Leland M. Park, Class of 1963 and Davidson College Library Director. 

The C. Louise Nelson Fund—Established in honor Dr. Nelson, Professor of Economics, 1964-1988, by John E. Craig, Jr., Class of 1966. 

The Randy F. Nelson Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Nelson, Virginia Lasater Irvin Professor of English, by nine former students, attorneys with Smith Moore LLP. 

The Samuel William Newell, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Newell, Class of 1939, D.D.,1959, and minister of the Davidson College Presbyterian Church, 1953-1961, by Davidson President Emeritus Samuel R. Spencer, Jr., Class of 1940, and Mrs. Spencer.  Mr. Newell’s brother, C. Morris Newell, is a 1949 graduate.

The Samuel William Newell, Sr. Fund—Established by members of the family which includes his alumni sons, Samuel W. Newell, Jr. Class of 1939, C. Morris Newell, Class of 1949, granddaughter Virginia E. Newell, Class of 1978, son-in-law John L. Newton, Class of 1935, and grandson, Charles L. Newton II, Class of 1970. 

The Jane Harris Nierenberg and Jill Morrison Nierenberg Fund—Established by the granddaughter and great-granddaughter of Brevard Ervin Harris, Class of 1886. 

The Mary Winston Crockett Norfleet Fund—Established in memory of the mother of Dr. Robert C. Norfleet, Class of 1970, Davidson College Vice President for Business and Finance, 1995-2003,  and the Rev. Agnes W. Norfleet, Class of 1981, by friends. 

The Richard E. Offutt, Jr. , D.D.S. Fund—Established by Dr. Offutt, Class of 1976, from Charlotte, North Carolina.  His daughter is Lindsay Drummond Offutt, Class of 2004. 

The Paddison-Cunningham Fund—Established in memory of her friend, Gladys Potts Cunningham by Ruth Paddison of Asheville, North Carolina. 

The Leland Madison Park Fund—Established in honor of the E. H. Little Library Director, Class of 1963, by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina.

The Rebecca Leland and Arthur Harris Park Fund—Established in memory of the parents of Dr. Leland M. Park, Class of 1963, Director of E. H. Little Library, by family and friends. 

The Charles W. Parker Fund—Established in memory of Davidson wrestling coach Charles W. Parker, Class of 1938, by the Scandling family of Alexandria, Virginia, including Mark W., Class of 1977 and John D., Class of 1974. 

The Kenneth F. Parks Fund—Established by Mr. Parks, Class of 1973. 

The Ernest Finney Patterson Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Patterson, Professor of Economics, 1957-1979, by family and fiends. 

The William Clayton Patton, M.D. Fund—Established in memory of her brother, Class of 1958, by Dr. and Mrs. Charles L. Nance, Jr. of Wilmington, North Carolina. 

The Robert Rudolph Perz, M.D. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Perz, Class of 1979, by his classmates. 

The Edward William Phifer, Jr., M.D. Fund—Established in memory of her father, a 1932 graduate and 1961-71 Trustee, by Mrs. Susan Phifer Johnson of Spartanburg, South Carolina. 

The Thomas Bryan Phillips Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Phillips, Class of 1980, by his classmates and friends, Mr. and Mrs. Francis W. Allen, Jr., Mr. David G. Lenox, Dr. Douglas A. Holt, and Mr. and Mrs. J. J. Summerell, Jr. 

The James Faulkner Pinkney Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Pinkney, Class of 1927, by family and friends. 

The Fradonia Brown Porter Fund—Established by friends of Mrs. Porter.  Her son is A. Alex Porter, Jr., Class of 1960.  

The James S. Purcell, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Purcell, Professor of English, 1948-1977, Department Chair, 1966-1977, by family and friends.  

The Charles Edward Ratliff, Sr. Fund—Established in honor of the great-grandson of Vincent Parsons, Class of 1840, by his son, Dr. Charles E., Jr., Class of 1947, and William R. Kenan Professor of Economics, 1947-1992, and his grandson, John Charles Ratliff, Class of 1979. 

The William McClintock Reid, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of  Mr. Reid, Class of 1934, of Louisville, Kentucky, by his wife, and his children, Ms. Barbara P. Reid, Mrs. Hensley Reid Peterson, and William M. Reid III. 

The William T. Reilly III Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Reilly, Class of1980, by his classmates and friends. 

The V. O. Roberson, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of the father of Virgil O. Roberson III, Class of 1962 and W. Earl Roberson, Class of 1962, by family and friends. 

The Martha Byrd Roberts Fund—Established in memory of the Director of Communications, 1974-1979, and wife of Davidson College professor, Dr. Jerry A. Roberts, by family and friends. 

The William Cumming Rose Fund—Established by a bequest of Dr. William Cumming Rose, B.S., 1907; Sc.D., 1947. 

The Norman C. and Helen B. Ross Fund—Established in memory of his parents by Dr. Clark G. Ross, Frontis W. Johnston Professor of Economics, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty. 

The James Henry Rostan Fund—Established by this 1967 graduate from Valdese, North Carolina.

The John Peter Rostan III Fund—Established by this 1966 graduate from Valdese, North Carolina. 

The Robert Colvert Sadler, M.D. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Sadler, Class of 1908, by The R. C. Sadler Foundation. 

The Margaret Salter Fund—Established in honor of his mother by J. Carl Salter, Class of 1970. 

The Joan M. Scandling Fund—Established in honor of the mother of Mark W. Scandling, Class of 1977, John D. Scandling, Jr., Class of 1974, and grandmother of John Patrick Scandling, Class of 2006, and Martha Amelia Scandling, Class of 2008. 

The John D. Scandling Fund—Established in memory of the father of alumni, Mark W. Scandling, Class of 1977 and John D. Scandling, Jr., Class of 1974, by his family. 

The Lewis Bevins Schenck Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Schenck, Class of 1921, J. W. Cannon Professor of Bible, 1927-1966, by friends and students. 

The Neal Anderson Scott Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Scott, Class of 1940, by his classmate, Davidson President Emeritus Samuel R. Spencer, Jr. and Mrs. Spencer. 

The Starkey Sharp V Fund—Established in memory Mr. Sharp, Class of 1978, by fraternity brothers and friends.

The Harry Lee Shaw, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Shaw, Class of 1926, and D.Litt. in 1969, by his wife, Mrs. Jocelyn T. Shaw, family and friends. 

The J. Alexander Shaw, M.D. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Shaw, Class of 1918, by his sons, Frank S. Shaw, M.D., Class of 1955, and John G. Shaw, Class of 1958. 

The Della Shore Fund—Established in memory of Miss Shore who was Head of the Cataloguing Department ,1946-1976, and Indexer of Presidential Papers, 1979-1987, in the college library by friends. 

The James P. Sifford, Jr. Fund—Established by this graduate of the Class of 1950. 

The Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity Fund—Established by the North Carolina Theta Chapter of SAE Fraternity of Davidson College. 

The Fredric Homer Smith, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Smith by his son, Fredric Homer Smith III,  Davidson College Professor of Economics. 

The Stephen B. Smith Fund—Established in honor of Mr. Smith, Class of 1966 and former trustee, by Seddon “Rusty” Goode, Jr., Class of 1954 and his wife, Jane Nisbet Goode. 

The John Raymond Snyder Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Snyder by his grandson, Donald H. Caldwell, Jr., Class of  1981. 

The Samuel Reid Spencer, Jr. Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Spencer, Class of 1940, LL.D – 1964, and the president of Davidson College, 1968-1983,  by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The Richard A. Stoops Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Stoops, Class of 1968, by friends. 

The James G. Swisher Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Swisher, Pianist-in-Residence and Associate Professor of Music, 1978-1996, by friends.  

The Melton Hill Tankersley Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Tankersley , Class of 1959, by bequest of his mother, Mrs. Corrie Hill Tankersley. 

The Farish Carter “Chip” Tate V Fund—Established in memory Mr. Tate, Class of1965, graduate by his classmates. 

The Archibald Boggs Taylor and Margaret Louise Webb Taylor Williams Fund—Established by their children.  Mr. Taylor was a 1911 graduate. 

The Amelia Paul Thomas Fund—Established in memory of Mrs. Thomas, wife of Professor I. Job Thomas, by friends. 

The Thomas G. Thurston II, M.D. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Thurston, Class of 1937, by the John G. Murphy Family.

The Isabelle White Trexler Fund—Established in memory of his wife by Charles B. Trexler of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The William Waugh Turner Fund—Established in memory of her father, Class of 1899, by Elizabeth Turner Clark.

The Mary Jane McGee Vernon Fund—Established in memory of Mrs. Ben T. Vernon by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina.  Mr. Vernon is a 1950 graduate. 

The William Wallace Wade Fund—Established in memory of Duke University Head Football Coach by his namesake, Wade Gunnar Anderson, Class of 1983. 

The Carolyn A. and Wayne M. Watson Fund—Established in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Watson of Atlanta, Georgia, by Dana Professor of History and Mrs. T. C. Price Zimmermann.  Their daughter, Bryna Alwyn Watson is a 1982 graduate. 

The K.D. Weeks, M.D. Fund—Established to honor the “Davidson/Duke Connection” between K. D. Weeks, Sr., M.D., Class of 1935 and K. D. Weeks, Jr., M.D., Class of 1969. 

The L. D. and Lilian Benton Wharton Fund—Established in memory of his parents by bequest of Lacy Donnell Wharton, Jr., Class of 1927. 

The Lacy Donnell Whaton, Jr. Fund—Established by this member of the Class of 1927. 

The Mary Tilley Wharton Fund—Established in memory of his wife by bequest of Lacy Donnell Wharton, Jr., Class of 1927. 

The Jack Williams, Jr. Fund—Established in honor of her husband, Class of 1934, by Mrs. Williams. 

The Robert C. Williams Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Williams, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty, 1986-1998, by his staff.

The Charles Nelson Williamson, M.D. Fund—Established in memory of Dr. Williamson, Class of 1964, by the Charles Nelson Williamson Trust. 

The Edward Lee Willingham III Fund—Established in memory of Rev. Willingham, Class of 1948, Executive Director of the Living Endowment/Constituent Program, 1978-1985, by family and friends. 

The Walter L. and Carolyn Cooner Withers Fund—Established by Mrs. Gladys D. Cooner.  Mr. Withers was a 1946 graduate. 

The Jack Womeldorf Fund—Established by Mr. Womeldorf, Class of 1961. 

The Robert Davidson Woodward, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Woodward by his wife and recalling family ties with the college through his son, Dr. Pat M. Woodward, Class of 1958, and grandchildren Katherine L. Woodward , Class of 1979, Pat M. Woodward, Jr., Class of 1984, Dr. John Woodward McNeill, Class of 1987, Mary Virginia McNeill, Class of 1992, Mary Katherine Gregory, Class of 1993, and Marjorie Elizabeth Gregory, Class of 1995. 

The John T. Zaharov, Jr. Fund—Established in memory of Mr. Zaharov, Class of 1970, by friends. 

The T. C. Price Zimmermann Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Zimmermann, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty,  1977-1986, by Trustee and Mrs. James H. Barnhardt of Charlotte, North Carolina. 

The Anne Kathren Zirkle Fund—Established in memory of Ms. Zirkle, Class of 1994, by friends. 

The Rosemary Lévy Zumwalt Fund—Established in honor of Dr. Zumwalt, Professor of Anthropology, Department Chair, and Vice Chair of the Faculty Pro Tem, by Richard P. Wharton, Class of 1994.